Monday, August 6, 2007

Safari Njema!

Sail on silver girl
Sail on by
Your time has come to shine
All your dreams are on their way
See how they shine


... and we're off... the next time I write will be from Africa! This week of goodbyes has been challenging, but it has reminded me of what a lucky girl I am to have such incredible family and friends to support me from home! Tonight, Alison and I begin our journey - we have 18 1/2 hours of flights over the next 3 days and will be arriving in Mwanza on Wednesday afternoon to be greeted by the summer WHE interns (Jackie, Missy and Kim... we've just missed Corinne who has returned home to Canada). Miraculously, I've entered a state of peaceful calm which I'm hoping will stay with me throughout the next several months (a girl can dream!). So for now, onwards and upwards... cheers (heri!) to travel, love, inspiration and self-discovery.

Usisafirie nyota ya mwenzio
(Don't set sail using someone else's star...
to each their own destiny)


No comments: